This page will have some ideas on how to prepare for trainings a little easier.
We have seen some crazy antics with a sharpie on the seabags. You can order an olive green name tape for your cadet or league cadet from 1800Nametapes.com.
Sew it above the pocket on the seabag as shown in the picture.
If you must sharpie place their name where a name tape can cover it.
1. Roll your t-shirts and underwear instead of folding. Lay item flat, fold once lengthwise then roll up. Use a rubber band to keep it in place.
2. Whatever uniform that is required to wear first when you get there, at the top of your seabag for easy access.
3. Place all shoes and boots at the bottom of your sea bag, they should go in first.
An all black garment bag is nice to have when attending trainings. It doesn't have to be fancy just something to keep the dress uniforms from being scrunched up in the sea bag. This is like a secret weapon. It isn't on the sea bag lists but you can bring it.
A travel bag is a great way to help the Cadets get to and from the shower easily and keep track of their toiletries.
When you pack your dress shoes place them in a grocery bag or shower cap so they don't get scuffed or get polish on your clothes in the seabag. This is also good for your boots. Tennis shoes will also get grimy and you don't want that on your clothes.
1. Save the training webpage to your bookmarks. You will go on there to reference things are you prepare. You will also go there during the training for information. On some trainings, you will go to their page to send emails during training.
2. Print out the seabag list, welcome aboard letter, code of conduct and any other publications for easy reference.
3. If the training has a Facebook page gets added to it for some opportunities to see your kids in action and great updates.
4. Create an email folder in your inbox for all communication for that training. That way you can delete the emails after the training but most importantly you can keep them all in one place. You never know when you need to re-reference an email that was sent by the unit or the COTC regarding the training.
Follow the diagram to help understand the best way to cram ALL those items on the seabag list.
Yes, EVERYTHING on the list is required.
Do not pack extra items, they will be confiscated.
Do not deviate, if it says non-arisol sunscreen then that is what you will send or it will be confiscated.
HOW TO PACK A SEABAG
Talk about a life saver. Organizing your cadets' small items in bags makes it easier for them at camp to find things. It also makes an inspection and clean-up after they do a seabag check quick and easy. Here are a few items to get you started. Label the zip locks with your last name.
1. Put all white socks in one ziplock bag.
2. Put black socks in one ziplock bag.
3. Put underwear in one ziplock bag.
4. Put PT shirt and shorts in one bag per set.
5. Put white t-shirts in one ziplock bag.
GALLON ZIPLOCK BAGS!
here is a link for the blanket you'll need for training if it is required.
You can order no sew labels for your blue shirts, pt gear and covers. These are also just a suggestion. You don't have to get the labels but you do need to label your clothes with your LAST NAME and FIRST INITIAL. Label inside the collar of your shirt as in on the collar, not the shirt or it will bleed through. Be VERY careful on the dixie cup. There is a tag on the inside of the covers you should label them there.